seni užrašai


General information

I am Gintarė Aukselytė, 21, currently a 1st year student of Medicine at Vilnius University, studied microbiology and biotechnology at the same university for a year previously, worked at the cell growth laboratory with several kind of yeast cells.

Interests

I love reading books once I have some time.But I adore music even more. All kinds of music. Classic, hard rock, metal, ambient, loud and quiet. Once I realised, that music has such a strong effect on my mood and helps to ease my headaches, I started to look into music not only as a great way to fill the silence in my room, but at the scientific perspective also. Things like dopamine, nervous system or migraine became the most frequently used words in my research notebook and are like an obsession to seek for more details.  The information I've found out is something worth sharing and I will do my best to convey the tiny bit of science of music for the audience.  Every "simple" thing is worth attention, since every proccess in this earth carry a lot of scientific backround once you give it some attention.


Sometimes I feel like people working in the laboratories are underestimated and forgotten. I was one of these people counting cells in the middle of the night, after all. However, some people working in the scientific field forget the purpose why  we are running these trials and submerging ourselves into the research even if we are not going  to be the ones to  finish it. Science is developed for the well-being of people, and the society has the right to question articles and ask "what's the point of all this? Can it be applied to our lives?". I believe, that sharing science will help both scientists and citizens.
2015 pavasaris

Komentarai